Of Sentiments, Insanity, and Heartbreak: Life for me is Beautiful; in it is where I hold my Happiness as my Morality, as my Purpose...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

An Introduction

One night, before I went to sleep, I stood before the mirror in my bedroom trying to ponder about the many changes I had undergone. I came to a realization that so many things had changed in me, from the physical to my intellectual attributes. I am no longer the chummy friend I knew before, the childish and immature one. I present a different me now.

Let me tell you who I am now in three descriptions that speak well of me:

First, I am a warrior in the ways; I surpass the toughs and roughs of life. Circumstances never hamper my options in life, since I don’t allow it to do so. Another, I usually detach myself from the world but it doesn’t mean that I don’t let experiences penetrate me. Instead, I let it in fully;

Second, I am a hopeless romantic. I don’t search for someone to love because stupid it may seem, I believe that it will come knocking on my heart’s door. I put high value on coincidences, serendipity, and destiny. I believe in soulmates, that someone is intended to meet me at the crossroad, in the process of pursuing the blueprint of my life.

Lastly, I am an extremely sensitive person. Sometimes, my emotions overpower my more logical side. I embark upon a course of action, only to change my mind halfway, because it simply doesn’t feel right.

I am a warrior, a hopeless romantic, and an extremely sensitive person. That’s how I know myself but the moment I face other people, they give me another definition of who I am. It doesn’t confuse me; it only proves to show that I deal differently with different people. I ask myself over and over again whether, “Am I being unfair when I treat them with certain leveling or maybe I simply give them what they deserve from me?” Admittedly, I’m still in the phase of finding out the answer to this mind-boggling question.

The people in my circle give me the three “Essentials of Life”, which is love, trust, and respect. I also do the same, only I give it out, too easily. Yes, I give out love, trust, and respect that easily because I have this firm disposition that all deserve it regardless of who they are and where they come from. But once the one I love hurts me, I will remember the pain. Once the one I trust, betrays me, I will remember the betrayal. Once the one I respect disdains me, I will remember the contempt. It is disheartening to admit that once these Essentials of Life are gone, redeeming it would shy away from the possibilities.

My imperfections keep me going and it gives me an everyday struggle for perfection. As they say, “Nobody’s perfect,” but everybody tries to be perfect. I know what I stated will make eyebrows rise inches above its original location. Nothing is wrong to aim for perfection and nothing is wrong to set standards of my own. To be perfect will stop me from my noble pursuits of making this world a better place to live in and of promoting peace among the entities that survive along with me. I’m imperfect but absolutely doing just fine.

I have made myself known to whoever reads this paper; you have created your impressions of me in approximately three minutes. If destiny will permit, find me in the campus where I roam around, and give me the only chance to know you and you to know me, and you will have reasons for me to stay in your life. Right there and then, you can conclude who I am. Again, I’m imperfect and I don’t have everything, because to have everything will undermine the values of needing and wanting.

No comments: