Of Sentiments, Insanity, and Heartbreak: Life for me is Beautiful; in it is where I hold my Happiness as my Morality, as my Purpose...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

My Vision to a Better World

Helen Keller once said, “The most pathetic man on earth is one who has sight, but has no vision”. Before, I only see the problems and the flaws of the society I am in and did finger-pointing without resolving any of these. I concede that I do not have the right to complain, when in fact, I just see these problems as problems. Now, I am better. Problems are now challenges I have to take. I know I have to start it with myself and it would somehow lessen the burdens of the society.

My vision to a better world is when the time comes that everyone would realize the purpose of their existence. The world is better when everyone knows what role they should perform and able to live not only for themselves but for others. Selfless living is equated to a world where the ‘essentials of life’ is present: trust, love, respect and faith.

Let us remember that vision without action is just a dream, action without vision is just passing the time, and vision with action can change the world. I challenge my fellow youth to take chances, create a stand and make a change. We are the catalyst of social transformation, and we have the fate of the ‘better’ world in our hands. Just keep the faith.

No comments: